Host Based Protection for ATMs
Providing a direct interface to cash inevitably makes ATMs a target in a numerous and sophisticated ways with new methods being regularly exposed. Attack methods extend from physical (such as skimming and pin cameras) to virtual through malware. Banks and ATM operators must protect their ATMs and meet their compliance obligations for operating in a heavily regulated industry sector.
The New Era of Digital Business
Every day, an increasing amount of sensitive data is generated and exchanged in the financial world. Protect your customers and your reputation in the face of stringent regulations and potential threats. We have the solutions you need to secure, automate, standardize, and streamline your operations and transactions.
Prevent Wrongful Disclosure of Confidential Data
Banks, credit card companies, and credit reporting institutions are striving to keep their customer data secure in the face of the growing volume and proliferation of endpoints and mobile devices.
Symantec combines solutions and services for a unified approach.
- Data Loss Prevention solutions that integrate discovery, monitoring, protection, and management of confidential data wherever it is stored or used
- Encryption solutions to protect data on mobile endpoints or trigger Safe Harbor exemptions when data is moved suspiciously
- Consulting services to help address process gaps and make information protection programmatic
Secure Mobile Financial Data
Mobile is at the core of banking and financial services today, for employees, agents and customers alike. At the same time, hackers motivated by financial gain are often attracted to mobile devices in the finance industry, knowing that they are on and connected 24/7, are frequently under-protected, and have easy access to accounts and servers that can pay off big for them.
The solution is end-to-end mobile security, including:?
- Complete mobile threat defense for managed and unmanaged enterprise devices
- Proactive protection from malware, network attacks and vulnerability exploits
- Integrated app protection to ensure risky devices do not expose sensitive data.
- Two-factor authentication for high-value or high-sensitivity transactions?
Defend Against Targeted Attacks
With the amount of valuable and sensitive data financial services organizations transmit and store, it’s no wonder they are a cyber attacker’s favorite target. Effective security requires protecting information where ever it exists and flows. Our Data Center Security Solutions harden and monitor physical and virtual servers while our Advanced Threat and Endpoint protection guard the perimeter.
Invest in Intelligence and Training
Effective security requires a combination of technology, intelligence, and people. Many financial services firms invest heavily in security technology but tend to neglect the other two necessary components of a strong security program. Financial industry intelligence, while important, isn’t enough, and teaching personnel about security issues isn’t the same as training them.
Round out your security program with the following:
- Global threat awareness data feeds that correlate security logs and the environment
- Human intelligence that improves detection, analysis, and mitigation of threats
- Training and simulation exercises designed to provide the knowledge and experience needed to quickly react to attacks
Leverage a Team of Global Experts
Finding skilled cyber security professionals is tough, and as demand continues to grow, it’s only getting tougher. Resource constraints and industry specific regulations can make hiring the right people even more difficult.
Symantec can help. Our world-class team of trained security professionals are available to help with 24/7/365 global threat monitoring, security management services, and emergency incident preparation and response.
"We now have the devices, the tools, and the processes we need to keep the bank safe. Most of the time I sleep soundly in my own bed, and Symantec is an important part of that."
"The integration possibilities, scalability, and reliability of the Symantec solution are key for me, as are the centralized management and the massive flexibility in configuration."
ACBA-CREDIT AGRICOLE BANK
"When we initially rolled out and SEP Mobile identified potential malware that our other solutions had missed, we were pleasantly surprised when those users thanked us for alerting them. It is unusual to be thanked for security."